[mythtv-users] LiveTV conflicts with scheduled recording - despite unused tuners on the same box!

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Thu Jul 2 19:04:00 UTC 2009

Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> says:
> Why is it that nearly every time somebody mentions using LiveTV, we
> get the same voices telling the individual "YOU ARE USING MYTHTV
> WRONG!"?  How in the world is that helpful?

It doesn't change the fact that, yes, you are using MythTV wrong. Or,
at least, for something it is not primarily designed for.

> I use LiveTV all the time, and, frankly, would go a different route
> for my DVR if iMyth didn't support it.  I'd rather change DVR
> software than have to pay monthly for yet another cable box.

I have to admit I'm stumped by the above. I don't understand the
connection between MythTV's Live TV and the need, or not, for another
cable box. This, I suppose, could tie into what Jean-Yves Avenard
wrote elsewhere in the thread:

> And finally, that you don't see why people like to use LiveTV, is
> probably the best reason for you not to tell them that they
> shouldn't use it.

This is in many ways the most-effective riposte to me and other anti
MythTV-Live TV posters; it is both logical and impossible to respond
to. So I'll stop now.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array