[mythtv-users] VDPAU support on 0.21-fixes

William william_munson at comcast.net
Wed Jan 28 01:45:48 UTC 2009

Kevin Kuphal wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 7:00 AM, Lindsay Mathieson
> <lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com <mailto:lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:24:52 pm Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>     > It was never about integrating VDPAU into 0.21-fixes officially (at
>     > least not yet).
>     > But to create a ticket allowing people to track changes and add
>     > comments.
>

>     Ah, I see. Does seem a bit rude then.
>

> I think Jean was well aware of the -devs stance on VDPAU on 0.21-fixes
> when doing his work (it's the precise reason he did it) so I'm
> surprised that he's surprised that they also don't want to track
> issues associated with it in the official databsae.
>
> Kevin

How about this for a thought. Find a generous person to host a
wiki/support forum for this dev project. Once the patch has been well
proven and hardened post to the mythtv wiki with all the disclaimers
about advanced users and some thought required, etc....  The official
team is going to ignore this until the end of time (or .22 release) so
we might as well run a parallel effort port of the 0.21-fixes branch. I
personally am going to plunk down some hard earned change and get a
supported card asap now that this is out.

Bill