[mythtv-users] Performance with intel GMA3100

greg at nodecam.com greg at nodecam.com
Thu Jan 22 23:05:24 UTC 2009

> worthwhile.  If I offload no real work to the GPU (opt out of XvMC),
> will the GMA3100 chipset be able to draw the frames as fast as the Core
> 2 Duo renders them?  Granted, with that board a PCI-Ex card is always a

My Dell Studio Hybrid has the same video chipset, and I'm able to playback
Mpeg2 HD at 1080p (note, source video is 1080i or 720p) with no problems
without xvmc.  I don't know if xvmc is supported or not, but I don't
really care either, since I don't need it.  I can't playback HDPVR
recordings though, but that's a function of the CPU not being up to the
task, and the video card being no help at all.

If you search the archives, you can find my thread on the studio hybrid
for more details.

Greg