[mythtv-users] IPTV

Jasper Stolte jasperstolte at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 08:38:18 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Arjan Schrijver <arjan at anymore.nl> wrote:

> Hi Jasper,
>
> A UPC employee told me a few weeks ago that UPC will introduce a
> subscription that doesn't require an STB.
> That is all the information I got. Nothing about when or how.
> I'm guessing it will be a CAM module you can purchase from them, because
> they're not the kind of company who believe in freedom.
> So I guess I'll have to wait. No IPTV available where I live, and Digitenne
> just isn't good enough.
>
> Good luck with your HTPC.
>
> Kind regards,
> Arjan

That would be good news indeed. If they get it right I will switch back to
UPC in 1 year when my ADSL+IPTV contract ends. For now the choice has been
made. I hope that KPN doesnt encrypt the streams like u-verse is apparantly
doing.. Still I'm looking for a hub, as I misplaced mine 10 years ago.. I
guess the Linksys router I have atm won't work here.

Greetz,
Jasper