[mythtv-users] Digital Audio on HDMI MB not working

Rob Rosenfeld rob+mythtv-users at rosenfeld.to
Tue Jan 20 01:51:10 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Scott Harris <scott at webhounds.net> wrote:
> Rob Rosenfeld wrote:
>>
>> Instead of setting ALSA:spdif, I had to manually type ALSA:hw=0,3 as
>> my HDMI was device 3 on card 0 as indicated by `aplay -l`
>>

> Could you post the actual output of your aplay -l please?
>
> with aplay -L I definitely see an HDI device:
>
> hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
>   HDA NVidia
>   HDMI Audio Output
>

> But with aplay -l I don't see any hdmi at all.

> card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 0: AD198x Analog [AD198x Analog]
>  Subdevices: 1/1
>  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 1: AD198x Digital [AD198x Digital]
>  Subdevices: 1/1
>  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Heh, I don't see it in aplay -L, but do in aplay -l.  aplay -L only
shows HDA NVidia.

$ aplay -l
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 0: VT1708B Analog [VT1708B Analog]
  Subdevices: 2/2
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: NVIDIA HDMI [NVIDIA HDMI]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0