[mythtv-users] Digital Audio on HDMI MB not working

Scott Harris scott at webhounds.net
Tue Jan 20 00:48:12 UTC 2009

Rob Rosenfeld wrote:
> Instead of setting ALSA:spdif, I had to manually type ALSA:hw=0,3 as
> my HDMI was device 3 on card 0 as indicated by `aplay -l`

Could you post the actual output of your aplay -l please?

with aplay -L I definitely see an HDI device:

hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0
    HDA NVidia
    HDMI Audio Output

But with aplay -l I don't see any hdmi at all.

card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 0: AD198x Analog [AD198x Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 1: AD198x Digital [AD198x Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Thanks,

Scott