[mythtv-users] Does your wireless work better than mine?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Jan 19 03:12:28 UTC 2009

On Sunday 18 January 2009 19:39:24 John Drescher wrote:
> > You have very little chance of getting HD streaming over wireless.
> > Most people on the list won't even help you with problems you might be
> > having once they hear about the wireless.
>
> I have had no problems with streaming HD football the few times I have
> tried it. Over wireless G.

I think the bottom line is that it works for some and not for others. There
are so many variables, and things like moving an antenna an inch or 2 might
make a large difference, that it is hard to pin the problem(s) down.

RF is very subject to the environment, both the RF and the physical
envoronment.

My guess is that people for whom it works will not be able to successfully
tell others how to make it so, because they may not even be aware of the
differences between the working and non-working systems.

--
beww
beww at beww.org