[mythtv-users] Dell Studio Hybrid - success

Greg Mitchell greg at nodecam.com
Sun Jan 18 18:27:40 UTC 2009

Ramon Redondo wrote:

> I'm just wondering if you've seen any progress on your Studio Hybrid
> playing HD content?  I'm considering one to replace my current noisy SD
> frontend, but want to be prepared for doing HD in the future.

It plays back Mpeg2 HD (720p, 1080i) just fine, but I don't have a
HDPVR, so there's not much point in me tweaking it any further for h.264.

You're probably better off looking at something with VDPAU supporting
video card than the intel that's onboard with the studio hybrid if you
need H.264 capability.

Greg