[mythtv-users] Guide selects worst tuner, remote selects best tuner---please help

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Thu Jan 15 23:03:50 UTC 2009

>The wiki really does have a lot of good information.
>http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Device_Filenames_and_udev
>
>Oh, and the reason it's picking the "right" tuner (what you
>feel to be
>the right tuner, anyway) now is because when you re-added it, you
>changed the order. There is a whole page on the wiki or manual or
>somewhere that Mike Dean constantly posts about how tuners are chosen
>for scheduling, but I'm too lazy to go find it right now.
>
>-Brad

Actually, I was aware of that issue when I initially set them up in myth. I
think I even posted a year or so back about the "live tv picks the last
tuner setup in myth" issue, and found that answer, so this time around when
I re-did the setup for the tuners, I purposely set them up in the order I
wanted live tv to use them: Install analog first, then digi cable, then
hdtv.

Now they're in the analog first, hdtv second, digi cable third order which
is fine too. Just so long as analog is used last for live tv.
It was just weird that it worked one way when you went to the guide, and
another way when you directly input the channel number. That's the part that
really got me.

-Thanks
-Steve