[mythtv-users] Guide selects worst tuner, remote selects best tuner---please help

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Jan 15 22:49:12 UTC 2009

On Jan 15, 2009, at 1:57 PM, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:

>> With multiple cards and the potential for random /dev/video
>> assignments, it might be a good idea to use udev to control your
>> video
>> devices to avoid this in the future.
>>
>> Nick
>>
>> --
>> Nick Morrott
>>
> That's a great idea, how would go about doing this?
> Any good starting points (website links) for me to read up on it?

The wiki really does have a lot of good information.
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Device_Filenames_and_udev

Oh, and the reason it's picking the "right" tuner (what you feel to be
the right tuner, anyway) now is because when you re-added it, you
changed the order. There is a whole page on the wiki or manual or
somewhere that Mike Dean constantly posts about how tuners are chosen
for scheduling, but I'm too lazy to go find it right now.

-Brad