[mythtv-users] New Frontend will not boot

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 10:31:41 UTC 2009

2009/2/27 Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>:
> Install seems to go fine but on reboot the computer asks me to insert a
> bootable disk -- it will not boot on the Linux disk drive.  The computer is
> my main Windows computer but there are 5 HD in it and I set the bios to boot
> on disk 5 and installed mythbuntu on it from a CD.  The install went fine
> but I cannot boot.  The board is an ASUS P5QL Pro.  I installed mythbuntu
> twice in case I missed something.  I searched google but all I found were
> people trying to set up a dual boot system.  I know how to do that and have
> done it on another machine(this would be my 4th myth machine in the house).
>  But if I can't get it to boot, I can't do anything.
> This is probably an very stupid question but it has me stumped.
> Can someone help me?
> Allen

For what you want you need grub (the boot manager) installed onto your disk 5.

Most Linux installs default to putting grub on the existing boot drive
(the dual boot option) but give you the option of specifying a
different location.

Mythbuntu *may* allow you to do this too.  You probably need to ask on
the mythbuntu forums (try searching for "specifying grub location").
This isn't a mythtv issue.