[mythtv-users] Not sure how to accomplish this--any tips?

Sarah Hayes sarah at sarahhayes.is-a-geek.net
Mon Feb 23 08:03:57 UTC 2009

> 1. I want to use my HP Mini as basically the "control" for the backend
> (and certain frontend tasks) like queuing up torrents.  Is RDP simply
> the best way to go about this or are there other options?
Just focusing on the torrent side.

You might want to look at setting up a VNC server (obvious one) and
throwing utorrent (via wine) and TED on to it.  TED will automatically
pull torrents for shows and shove them where it's told to; which
utorrent can then be set to look at and begin downloading... with
completion move set to punt the downloaded file to a media store.  If
you make this .torrent location world writable and exported via SMB/NFS
you could drop any none scheduled thing your after there without having
to use a browser via VNC.

I say uTorrent as I've found it to have substantially less overhead than
the usual Azureus install; doesn't clog my outbound feed as much either
despite having the same KB/s settings.

To be honest most of what I do I automate via cron, fsniper and scripts.

Link for TED:
http://www.ted.nu/