[mythtv-users] Rolling back Nvidia driver -- there has to be a better way

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 23:08:25 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:

> Allen Edwards wrote:
>
>> I noticed the other FE system I have, which has almost identical hw, uses
>> 169.12.  Googled and was sent to the nvidia site but that driver was not
>> there.
>>

> Not completely understanding your problem, but is this any help?
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_169.12.html

No, I got there and I found some drivers but I can't install them because
the nvidia install program complains about any setup of my system that I
know how to get into.  It wants a level 3 non X command line and my system
will go into X if I tell it to go to level 3 and the Nvidia driver will not
install from my level 1 command line that I get into from restore mode.  I
can't kill X because it just comes back.  Is that clearer?

Allen