[mythtv-users] Boxee/Hulu?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Feb 21 21:39:19 UTC 2009

On Saturday 21 February 2009 14:19:55 Nick Rout wrote:
> Hasn't this got way OT now? A huge number of mythtv users aren't all
> that interested in hulu/boxee as we aren't in the right geographic
> area to even access them.

Perhaps, but nobody made similar complaints about discussions of
SchedulesDirect, which has the same geographic limitations.

I think any MythTV user would be interested in content that's available over
the internet, it ties in perfectly with the "mythical fusion box" that we are
all striving for.

How long do you think it would be before somebody in the USA set up
a "repeater" of some sort to distribute the content outside the USA? It's
already been demonstrated that a lot of folks do not care about obeying the
terms of license for the material in question.

If revenue can be made by this sort of distribution don't you think the BBC
would pay attention, and look into similar possibilities with their content?
Or any other non-USA network?

I think it is topical, at least as much as most material here.

--
beww
beww at beww.org