[mythtv-users] Looking for Dual Head Help

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 17:57:33 UTC 2009

> Allan, thanks for posting your xorg.conf.  This almost exactly matched
> my current setup.  I made a few tweaks based on your post, but I'm
> still not getting it to work properly.  Yes, I can get the frontend to
> display on the HDTV like I want, but when I switch mouse and keyboard
> control back to the primary display I can't figure out how to return
> them to the MythTV display when I need to.  What am I missing here, or
> is this simply the way it works?

I just move the mouse onto the display I want and click it.  That moves the
focus back to that screen.  I have seen scrips that do this so you could set
up a button on the remote to accomplish it.  You can't see the mouse on the
myth display and if you don't move it far enough you might hit a key but if
you move it all the way over it should be OK.
Allen