[mythtv-users] Proposed future power saving networked configuration (0.22 in mind)

David Rees drees76 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 01:05:01 UTC 2009

<snip discussion re "wakeup on demand slaves">

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 4:58 AM, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
> Sure, it will take me years to save enough power to pay for my
> programming time to add this feature, but if it's $5-10 less that I'm
> paying the power company each month it's worth it now.

It may take you by yourself a long time to make the feature "pay back"
for itself, but I'm sure there are a very good number of people who
can also benefit from your work on that feature so the "pay back" time
is a lot less than you think.

Even though I can't (only have a single combo system) - I do
appreciate you working on that feature (as well as the other work you
do on MythTV!

-Dave