[mythtv-users] Streaming from XM Radio Online - possibly mythstream issue?

Pete Cap peteoutside at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 20 20:41:32 UTC 2009

I used the default script linked from the wiki.  This is on the latest MythDora so maybe that has something to do with it.
The script does not copy library.xml over; I had to do that myself.

So, I just went in and edited the script to remove the <depends> tag.  The menu item appears but when you select it nothing at all happens.

On a hunch, I went and retried the install procedure after making sure user "mythtv" could sudo (before I had attempted the install as root).
This seemed to solved the problem...sort of.  I now have this "Stream XM" menu option and I can browse through the different categories and channels.

However, there is no song information, and it takes up to a full minute to change stations.  Also, I just quit mythfrontend and the music is still playing.  Not so great.  But I think this is less a technical issue and more one of presentation.

Any ideas for improving it, or should I start playing with the plugin and try to see where I can help out?

--Pete