[mythtv-users] Streaming from XM Radio Online - possibly mythstream issue?

Jarett Creason nobleiceman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 18:59:23 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 7:48 AM, Josh <TwoOneSix at thatclothingco.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Pete Cap <peteoutside at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> List,
>>
>> I tried to set this up according to the instructions on the wiki (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Integrate_XM) but so far no dice.
>
> I had originally created the article and scripts and it shouldn't require mythstream... you should probably change that flag in the xml to 'mythmusic' and it would work without a problem...
>
> - Josh

I used Josh's awesome xamp streaming bash scripts and wrote the
installer and automated menu creator to populate the MythTV XML menu
files with the updated XM steaming stations.  The script is supposed
to copy the "library.xml" from the path "/usr/share/mythtv" to your
user's home ".mythtv" directory and then update it with the following
menu entry at the end:

<button>
  <type>MUSIC</type>
  <text>Stream XM</text>
  <action>MENU XM_menu.xml</action>
</button>

There should not be any "<depends>" line for that button.  What
version of MythTV are you using?  Have you done anything special with
the menu entries or has everything been left as the default?

Jarett