[mythtv-users] No AAC Audio with Internal Player

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Thu Feb 19 22:39:27 UTC 2009

Josh Mastronarde wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
>> Ah, confirmation! That seems to describe exactly my situation. I'm trying to
>> play mp4 video files containing AAC audio. Take a look at the error messages
>> I posted. My work-around is to use mplayer instead of the internal player.
>>
>> Sounds like no one has a solution here.
>
> "mythfrontend --version" should show the options configured in (but
> mine doesn't show enable-libfaad, so I'm not sure if that's incomplete
> or if the last thing I did was compile without to test; it's been a
> couple months).
>
> Do you have "faad2" and "faad2-libs" installed?
>
> I notice at http://www.audiocoding.com/downloads.html there's a new
> source version of faad2 released 2/10 that may or may not help my
> segfault issues; haven't been able to try it yet.
>
> Josh

That's interesting, mine doesn't show enable-libfaad either.

$ mythfrontend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 19896M
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
  linux release using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_backend
using_dbox2 using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_opengl_vsync
using_opengl_video using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc
using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live

$ rpm -qa |grep faad
faad2-devel-2.6.1-11.el5
faad2-2.6.1-11.el5
faad2-2.6.1-11.el5