[mythtv-users] No AAC Audio with Internal Player

Josh Mastronarde jmastron at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 21:52:36 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:

> Ah, confirmation! That seems to describe exactly my situation. I'm trying to
> play mp4 video files containing AAC audio. Take a look at the error messages
> I posted. My work-around is to use mplayer instead of the internal player.
>
> Sounds like no one has a solution here.

"mythfrontend --version" should show the options configured in (but
mine doesn't show enable-libfaad, so I'm not sure if that's incomplete
or if the last thing I did was compile without to test; it's been a
couple months).

Do you have "faad2" and "faad2-libs" installed?

I notice at http://www.audiocoding.com/downloads.html there's a new
source version of faad2 released 2/10 that may or may not help my
segfault issues; haven't been able to try it yet.

Josh