[mythtv-users] One channel is too strong!

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Tue Feb 17 03:06:06 UTC 2009

If I take the antenna off, I mean completely off - disconnect the cable
and leave just a few feet of RG-6 cable on the antenna jack - Channel
16, both analog and digital, come in with good signal strength and
crystal clear.

But.... As soon as I connnect an antenna so I can get the rest of the
channels, I get really crappy reception.  From this I guess that Channel
16 signal overpowers my tuners.

1.  How do I find out what frequency Channel 16 sits on?  I'm only
interested in digital at this point.

2.  Where can I find a filter/attenuator for that freq?

Thanks,

--Yan