[mythtv-users] programming system

Alan Bromborsky abrombo at verizon.net
Mon Feb 16 23:02:21 UTC 2009

Is it possible to program mythtv in the following way.  I use a
set-top-box (Motorola/Verizon FIOS) with a built-in DVR to record
content.  I connect the box to my mythtv system with an S-video and
audio cables.  I have an IR-blaster on the box or have connected it to
my computer on a serial port.  I also have a firewire connection on the
set-top-box that I could use for control purposes.  Can mythtv be
programed to playback the content I have recorded on the set-top-box DVR
during off hours (middle of the night)?  Is there a simple way to set up
a list of what to record that is currently stored in the set-top-box DVR?