[mythtv-users] realtime priority

Kevin Johnson dabears_rule at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 00:50:38 UTC 2009

This suggestion fixed it.
Hi.

On Wednesday 11 February 2009 07:52:34 Robert Johnston wrote:

> sudo chmod +s /path/to/mythfrontend ?

That's a rather bad idea security wise and shouldn't be needed.

@Kevin Johnson: There are several things you have to check before this will
actually work. First of all, make sure mythfrontend is started from user that
is in the audio group. Otherwise either change @audio to @whatever_group the
user is in or just replace @audio with only the user who is starting
mythfrontend. Also the changes will only take effect in any new session, so a
logout and login is required. That should get you going without setting it
suid.

Nevertheless, it might be possible that mythfrontend reports it's setting
realtime priority without actually doing it which you can check with top or
schedtool or whatever is included in mythbuntu. This is a known bug and I
already know what's the culprit. I'll post a patch on trac later this week
when I get some free time...

Hope that helps you.

Best regards,
matthias.

If someone could point me to a link or how to that describes the proper way to reply to these threads it would be much appreciated.

Thanks