[mythtv-users] SA 3250 No Longer Recognized.

Batshua bat Yehonatan batshua at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 19:36:35 UTC 2009

I had my PVR working PERFECTLY -- for about half an hour.  Then, my cable
company did some sort of system update and now Myth doesn't recognize my
cable box as a STB.  I have reason to believe the update may have crippled
my FireWire ports, but I am unsure since I don't know how to interpret the
plugreport results I got.
Given this catastrophic turn of events, what would be the next logical step?
 Should I call my cable company, play dumb girl and tell them that they
broke my cable box and it doesn't work so I can get one with an uncrippled
port?  Should I call them up and tell them straight up that their last
system update broke my FireWire and I have a legal right to a working port
on my cable box?  Is it too premature to decide between these two choices?
 Should I be doing some other tests instead?

Thank y'all so much for your time and patience.

Totally frustrated,
Batshua