[mythtv-users] Can Myth stream another source + IR?

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Mon Feb 9 19:23:51 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com>wrote:

> For the IR portion, it looks like you need something like this:
> http://www.irblaster.info/distribution.html
>
> You still have the problem of routing the video to the correct display.

Yes, something like those IR blasters would work well. I think I can figure
out how to convince LIRC to deal with the IR part.

For the video/audio stream, I was thinking VLC.... Anyone try this? I'm
still trying to figure out if VLC can read from the capture card or if I
need something in-between to translate. Then I could just add the command to
the Myth menu and it would launch the VLC client to handle the playback.