[mythtv-users] Tuner Differences, was: Prebuffering pause

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Feb 8 03:49:25 UTC 2009

On Saturday 07 February 2009 20:05:30 Yan Seiner wrote:

> It seems to be a HDHR issue; I put a splitter on the antenna and ran one
> leg to the PCDHTV3000; it doesn't have the problem.

Do both tuners on the HDHR behave the same way?

> I'm guessing it's really bad at multipath rejection.

Or the HDHR is more easily subject to overload.

Getting both sensitivity and good high-signal rejection is hard to do, at
least without a separate RF amp stage, which modern tuners usually don't
have, they feed the antenna straight into the mixer, usually.

--
beww
beww at beww.org