[mythtv-users] Playback setting confusion

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 01:46:42 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I have been really struggling with trying to get consistently smooth
1080i playback for broadcast TV. I am in Australia so I believe it is
all MPEG2 (DVB-T).

I have:

AMD AM2 5000+ 2.6GHz dual core CPU
nVidia 8300 onboard chipset
Motherboard is Asus M3N78-EM and I have 2GB RAM
mythbuntu 8.10 x86_64

I have a sep backend which is Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz with 1TB hard
drive for video and 80GB system disk. I am using XFS for the video
disk
.
I have gigabit ethernet between the two devices.

I am running the video into a 1080P panel via on-board HDMI.

What choices should I make in the video playback section of mythtv in
relation to interlacing methods, opengl etc etc?

What modules and options should I ensure are loaded into my xorg.conf file?

I have not been able to find a definitive document on this...

Phil

--
Tel: 0400 466 952
Fax: 0433 123 226