[mythtv-users] importing existing recorded programs

backuppc at sundquist.imapmail.org backuppc at sundquist.imapmail.org
Wed Dec 30 02:51:50 UTC 2009

Mike said:

> Oh, and in case it wasn't clear, it's the content of the error message
> that's important.
>
> Now that you know you forgot to use the --directory and --filename
> arguments, you don't need to update your copy of mythconverg_restore.pl. :)

Mike:

Thanks for responding, but I think our e-mails are crossing.  I screwed
up somewhat in my original e-mail because my problem there was *not*
that I forgot the --directory and --filename options, but instead it was
because I forgot the argument for the --create-database option.

As I mentioned, correcting myself, adding in the path to mc.sql after
--create-database caused the (as predicted in the script documentation)
access denied error.  But since I had already created the blank database
anyway, I didn't need the --create-database option in the first place.

So now, I am stuck with the restore script not seeing the new empty
database:

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 19:52:28 -0500, backuppc at sundquist.imapmail.org