[mythtv-users] importing existing recorded programs

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Dec 30 02:41:18 UTC 2009

On 12/29/2009 07:52 PM, backuppc wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 19:22:27 -0500, backuppc said:
>
>> user at mythtv:~$ sudo /usr/share/mythtv/mythconverg_restore.pl
>> --create-database --directory /mnt/sdb2/mythtv/ --filename
>> mythconverg-1214-20091229180321.sql.gz
>>
>> I got
>>
>> ERROR: Invalid database information file, stopped at
>> /usr/share/mythtv/mythconverg_restore.pl line 686.
>>

> OK, I now realize I needed to provide path to mc.sql after the
> --create-database option, but adding in that path just gave me

Create the database manually as described at:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Creating_the_initial_database

> mysql output:
> ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'mythtv'@'localhost' (using
> password: YES)

But, first, read
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Creating_the_initial_database
, specifically the section:

Note that the mc.sql script will create a user named |mythtv| using the
password |mythtv| for the hostname |localhost|. If you had used a
different password for your configuration, you will need to reset the
password.

Now I'm thinking you should update your restore script as some of the
other error messages are much clearer, too:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore#Script-based_Database_Backup_and_Restore

Mike