[mythtv-users] NewEgg Cheap Nvidia GT220 Cards

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Fri Dec 18 17:22:46 UTC 2009

> I can't really get to play around with the new card until I get it to
> work in the old install (which I need to keep around for WAF reasons
> until the new setup is OK).

That's alright. I've decided that I've debated about this a lot longer
than I should have, so I just went and placed an order for a pair of
the 210's last night. I'm thinking I'll be happier with the lower
power and no fan, and I don't think I've ever been extremely critical
of deinterlacers, so I'll probably be happy with temporal 2x or
advanced 1x (either should be plenty better than what I've been happy
with up to now). Now I'm just hoping I don't end up kicking myself
because a future version of VDPAU adds some new killer feature that
would have worked on a 220 but not a 210. I guess I'll take my
chances.

Thanks

--
Ron