[mythtv-users] Zotac IONITX kernel config anyone?

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Aug 31 19:58:29 UTC 2009

> UM, Phil and I are using the same minibox. It does not have room for a
> CD/DVD drive so he turned it off in the kernel. I never turned it on
> because
> I too do not have a CD/DVD drive.
>
> You will have to go into the kernel config and enable the CD/DVD options
> as
> well as the file systems.
>
> Marc

I figured as much!! I put the AHCI driver in last night and the drive was
recognised OK. No joy with playing DVDs or even ISO images from the remote
filesystem - it coughs and splutters all over the place. At least my Via
Epia could manage a DVD OK!! I think thats the only problem outstanding
now - I'll have to play with the settings a bit more.

Many thanks for your help.

--
Robin Gilks