[mythtv-users] Zotac IONITX kernel config anyone?

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Aug 31 08:47:55 UTC 2009

> Heh, yeah. Gentoo is like that for me too. There are people out there thou
> that tried it for a bit and decided they hate the long install times
> because
> everything is compiled.
>
> You are correct, you need the amd64 stage3 as your starting point. Unless
> you're as hardcore as I am, I still start with a stage1 :-P
>
> Marc

Pleased to say I'm making good progress - video, sound even lirc are all
OK (still lots to play with on profiles) but no dvd drive - in fact the
kernel config doesn't seem to be seeing the sata bus at all.

I've tried both AHCI and SATA modes in the BIOS but no joy :-( The BIOS
itself sees it OK and I can boot a LiveCD in it so physically its OK.

Nothing appears to be hiding in the /dev directory under cdrom, dvd or sda
so I'm a bit flummoxed

Ho hum...

--
Robin Gilks