[mythtv-users] Zotac IONITX kernel config anyone?

Marc Tousignant drayson at net1plus.com
Sun Aug 30 03:41:14 UTC 2009

The kernel config I linked has the RTC issue fixed, but does not include the
SPDIF/REALTEK fix.  I updated the post with a link to my make.conf. I
haven't gone back through it, so it's not completely optimized (for
instance, it has xvmc... and the chipset can't do xvmc.

I net-boot my Zotac board and generally do all compilation on my desktop
machine rather than the relatively slow ION.
http://www.zoomthingie.com/wordpress/2009/06/08/zion-the-os/

--PhillW

Right, that is why I build on the backend machine.

I did however add distcc capability to both my backend and frontend (zotac).
Since they are both running the same build chain there was very little setup
needed. You only see the benefit when updating the systems. By chrooting
into the frontend folders from my backend I can compile faster due to
running on a local drive as well as benefit from the CPU on the frontend to
assist with compile.

Marc