[mythtv-users] Zotac IONITX kernel config anyone?

Phill Wiggin alamar at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 03:11:27 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 8:59 PM, Marc Tousignant <drayson at net1plus.com>wrote:

> I am still using the same kernel with the modifications that I sent to you
> which you noted in your post.
>
> Robin, I built my entire zotac based system before I even had the machine
> by chrooting into a folder on my AMD64 backend machine and using a make file
> I built for the zotac.
>
> Because they are both 64 bit machines you can build it as a 64 bit system.
>

> Below you will find my make file. I commented out distcc and ccache options
> as you will need to know how to set those up before you enable them.
> <SNIP>

The kernel config I linked has the RTC issue fixed, but does not include the
SPDIF/REALTEK fix.  I updated the post with a link to my make.conf. I
haven't gone back through it, so it's not completely optimized (for
instance, it has xvmc... and the chipset can't do xvmc.

I net-boot my Zotac board and generally do all compilation on my desktop
machine rather than the relatively slow ION.
http://www.zoomthingie.com/wordpress/2009/06/08/zion-the-os/

--PhillW