[mythtv-users] mythbuntu hdpvr support

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Thu Aug 27 23:31:25 UTC 2009

> A month or so, I can wait. Does anyone know if the irblaster on the HD-PVR
> works with Myth yet? If not, I gotta figure out another way to change
> channels on my Motorola DCT-6200
>
> Gerald

There's a script that comes with some versions of Myth called "6200ch" - I
use it within myth (and outside of it, to record stuff off the HD-PVR from
the command line) to change channels on my DCT-6200.  This is done via
firewire (even if you can't get any video over firewire, you should still
be able to use it to change channels).

6200ch -g (firewire node number) channum

works fine for me.

<threadjack>
I am able to record from the HD-PVR from the CLI, but the blinkylights
don't come on when recording since the last firmware and Linux driver
upgrades (they do if I use it with a Windows box).  The fan does come on,
which is more important, though.  Anyone know what's up w/this?
</threadjack>

Bob