[mythtv-users] Duplicate detection using Episode # or Original air date

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 26 01:23:26 UTC 2009

On 08/25/2009 09:12 PM, David Fishburn wrote:
> I am trying to record "So you think you can dance CANADA".
> I have problems with this last season as well (the US version was just fine).
>
> The usual duplicate detection of Subtitle and Description or other
> combinations treat all episodes as duplicates.
>
> Yet, it is also shown 6 times during the week, so I don't want to turn
> off the duplicate detection.
>
> It there anyway to setup a custom recording rule that would work
> against the Episode #, which does appear to be correct (though I am
> not certain if it is repeated from the previous years episode #s).
>
> Another comment:
> Dup detection is on Subtitle and Description, yet in MythWeb if you
> look at the details of an episode you see:
>
> Category:  	Reality
> Type: 	series (EP01047122)
> Episode Number: 	207
> Original Airdate: 	2009-08-26
> Program ID: 	EP010471220034
> Hosted by: 	Leah Miller
> Length: 	30 mins
> Recording Group: 	Default
> Playback Group: 	Adult
>
> And in MythWeb, the listing show these headings:
> Title  	Category  	Description
>
> Which do not jive with the detection names, so it is difficult to
> determine why it thinks there are duplicates when you can't really
> match things up.

If both the new episode in the listings and the previously-recorded
episode contain a program ID (as EP010471220034, above), then the chosen
"non-authoritative" duplicate matching method (Subtitle and Description,
here), is ignored.  Instead the program ID's (which are the
authoritative episode identifiers) are compared.  If all of the SYTYCD
Canada episodes are being treated as duplicates and if they all have
program ID's, that would imply all of them have the exact same program ID.

Can you post the output of: mythbackend --printsched

as well as:

mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg \
      -e 'SELECT title, subtitle, programid FROM program '\
'WHERE title LIKE "So You Think You Can Dance%"; '\
'SELECT title, subtitle, programid, recstatus FROM oldrecorded '\
'WHERE title LIKE "So You Think You Can Dance%";'

Thanks,
Mike