[mythtv-users] Duplicate detection using Episode # or Original air date

David Fishburn dfishburn.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 01:12:12 UTC 2009

I am trying to record "So you think you can dance CANADA".
I have problems with this last season as well (the US version was just fine).

The usual duplicate detection of Subtitle and Description or other
combinations treat all episodes as duplicates.

Yet, it is also shown 6 times during the week, so I don't want to turn
off the duplicate detection.

It there anyway to setup a custom recording rule that would work
against the Episode #, which does appear to be correct (though I am
not certain if it is repeated from the previous years episode #s).

Another comment:
Dup detection is on Subtitle and Description, yet in MythWeb if you
look at the details of an episode you see:

Category:  	Reality
Type: 	series (EP01047122)
Episode Number: 	207
Original Airdate: 	2009-08-26
Program ID: 	EP010471220034
Hosted by: 	Leah Miller
Length: 	30 mins
Recording Group: 	Default
Playback Group: 	Adult

And in MythWeb, the listing show these headings:
Title  	Category  	Description

Which do not jive with the detection names, so it is difficult to
determine why it thinks there are duplicates when you can't really
match things up.

Thanks for any input.
Dave