[mythtv-users] Nuvexport filenames wrong

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Aug 24 20:28:53 UTC 2009

On 08/24/2009 10:10 AM, Sebastian Buks wrote:
> I have a problem with nuvexport not setting a filename on the video it
> encodes. I have a simple configuration in nuvexportrc: filename=%t -
> %s (Title - subtitle). However my files all end up like this: %t_-_00.avi
>
> I'm running nuvexport as a user-job like so: nuvexport-xvid --nice 19
> --input="%FILE%"
>
> Anyone knows why I don't get the nice titles?

I don't transcode, so I don't use nuvexport, so all of the following is
conjecture.  However, what you're trying to do looks eerily similar to
what mythrename.pl does, and since both mythrename.pl and nuvexport were
written by the same author, I'm guessing they would use the same format
specifiers for naming...

In the case of mythrename.pl, %t is meaningless (which would explain
your getting "%t" there), but %T is used for the title.  For
mythrename.pl, %s is the seconds portion of the recording start time
(which would explain your getting "00") but %S is used for the subtitle.

If my guess is right, please correct the wiki page at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Nuvexport#Nuvexportrc_File ("Using the above
you can also fine-tune the format of the eventual file name. The above
is the default and uses the shows name and then episode name if
present."), which uses exactly the same specifier that you're trying to
use.  And, perhaps suggest having the user run mythrename.pl --help to
get a list of format specifiers.

Mike