[mythtv-users] Fanless cpu & vdpau card

Dominic Coulombe dominic.coulombe at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 19:40:15 UTC 2009

Hello,

My setup is not fanless, but it's still very quiet.  It's my only BE and
also my main FE system.

Case : Antec NSK2480 ; stock 380W power supply; stock 2 x 120mm Antec
tri-cool fans, running on the lowest speed
Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H with on-board, fanless NVidia 9400
CPU : Intel Core2Duo e8400 running at 3GHz
CPU cooler : Scythe NINJA MINI Rev.B - Note : I don't use any fan on this
cooler
RAM : 2x1GB Corsair XMS2
HDD : WD Caviar Black 1TB + Seagate 250GB (a 2nd 1TB drive will be added
soon)

I'm running a Folding at Home SMP client (CPU is under load 24/7) on this
machine and the core temperature is around 50 to 53 celcius.

I hope this helps.