[mythtv-users] Problem with Apple Trailer Grabber

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 15:29:27 UTC 2009

> I'm using the Ben Leto Apple Trailer Grabber script to download the Apple
> movie trailers.  Last night, it started failing.  I am using it in the
> download mode.  The script seems to run correctly and produces a valid
> appletrailer.xml file, but the movie trailer files themselves fail to
> download.  After some investigation, I discovered that the
> 'system("/usr/bin/wget --quiet $movieLink");' line is really downloading a
> file called "index.html" instead of the movie trailer file.  The value of
> $movieLink is correct (ie, not "index.html").  Any one else having this
> problem?
>
> In looking into this, I also made some modifications to the
> myth_trailers_grabber script to detect and report these errors properly in
> the appletrailer.xml file.

Apple changed stuff yesterday when they released the Avatar trailer.
Now you can only download from quicktime. If you are able to change it
so that you can give the quicktime user agent then you will be allowed
to download again. I know you can do it with wget:
http://www.hd-trailers.net/blog/2009/08/20/direct-download-links-from-apple-are-not-working/