[mythtv-users] Problem with Apple Trailer Grabber

Jay Foster jayf0ster at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 21 15:22:08 UTC 2009

I'm using the Ben Leto Apple Trailer Grabber script to download the
Apple movie trailers.  Last night, it started failing.  I am using it in
the download mode.  The script seems to run correctly and produces a
valid appletrailer.xml file, but the movie trailer files themselves fail
to download.  After some investigation, I discovered that the
'system("/usr/bin/wget --quiet $movieLink");' line is really downloading
a file called "index.html" instead of the movie trailer file.  The value
of $movieLink is correct (ie, not "index.html").  Any one else having
this problem?

In looking into this, I also made some modifications to the
myth_trailers_grabber script to detect and report these errors properly
in the appletrailer.xml file.

Jay