[mythtv-users] MythTV and DTV

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 20 22:23:03 UTC 2009

On 08/20/2009 06:17 PM, Scott Gilmore wrote:
> I've been working most of the day trying to get MythTV, schedules direct, and
> LIRC running properly.
>
> Issues I have encountered are:
>
> LIRC did not have my remote so I created one for the Magnavox TB110MW9 DTV
> Converter and I am able to use irsend to send commands to the box
> successfully. I also have put into place change_channel_lirc.pl, corrected a
> few issues like changing "ok" in lircd.conf.na386 to "select" and the perl
> script seems to be working fine. But, when I type in the number on my keyboard
> such as 13.2 to change to that channel, nothing happens . . . . is this a
> MythTV issue? I don't think it's even hitting the change channel script . . .
>
> Schedules Direct seems to have the right info on their site but when mythtv
> guide pops up, the channels are different . . . . maybe I did something wrong
> during setup?
>
> Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Maybe point me to some docs
> that explain why this is happening?

I'm assuming--since you're using a DTV converter box--that you're using
an analog capture device (like a PVR-x50/500 or whatever).  If so, did
you add the channels correctly--using "Fetch channels from listings
source" versus scanning?  (See
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 .)

Once you do, you'll need to use the MythTV channel numbers--even if they
differ from the ones you're used to using with the DTV box--or edit the
channel numbers in MythTV (using the mythtv-setup or MythWeb channel
editors) to whatever values you want to use.

Mike