[mythtv-users] No connection to the backend (~every two weeks) -- Need help

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 09:25:43 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/8/20 Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com>:
> oops.  my previous post was in another thread.  Sorry. I copied it
> below:  Do you think this is good or do I need to learn monti?

monit is so much more powerful...

The simplest configuration would be:
# mythbackend
check process mythbackend with pidfile /var/run/mythtv/mythbackend.pid
 start program = "/etc/init.d/mythtv-backend start"
 stop program = "/etc/init.d/mythtv-backend stop"

which only monitors if the process exist (here that's for a ubuntu
default installation)

Then you could check the mythbackend is properly responding and the
default port is answering (if not could mean that it has crashed)
# mythbackend
check process mythbackend with pidfile /var/run/mythtv/mythbackend.pid
 start program = "/etc/init.d/mythtv-backend start"
 stop program = "/etc/init.d/mythtv-backend stop"
 if failed host 127.0.0.1 port 6543 then restart
 if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout