[mythtv-users] At a loss w/DVB .... ERROR_OPEN in mythtvsetup

Jacob Steenhagen jacob at steenhagen.us
Thu Aug 20 01:47:58 UTC 2009

Here's my situation... for some time now I've been running a combined
frontend/backend as my only mythtv box. For a variety of reasons, I
wanted to redo that setup and install a new machine that would be a
combined frontend/backend and use the old machine as a slave
backend/frontend in my bedroom. I got the new master machine installed
w/out too much problem and it is now in place. I transferred my database
from the old master backend and made the config changes I needed to. My
new master has a PVR150 in it that is functioning properly. The problem
is when I try to get the digital cards working in the backend.

Installed software (both machines):
CentOS 5.3
kernel 2.6.18-128.4.1.el5
Latest RPM packages from atrpms-testing for
  video4linux
  video4linux-kmdl
  video4linux-ivtv-kmdl
  mythtv

I currently have 2 DVB adaptors... a kworld card and an HVR-1250. I
previously had the HVR-1250 working on the machine that is now my slave
backend when it was the master. I added the other card once I pulled out
the PVR card and the modem (freeing up those slots). I can't get either
card to work. /dev/dvb has both adaptor0 and adaptor1 listed and there
are objects inside each of those directories... but when I go into
mythtvsetup for the capture cards and select that it's a DVB card the
frontend ID simply says ERROR_OPEN rather than detecting the card. It
doesn't matter if I select 0 or 1 for my adaptor. Unfortunately, I'm at
a loss as to what I need to do and need somebody smarter than me to help
with troubleshooting.

Thank-you for your time.

--
http://jacob.steenhagen.us

This message is digitally signed with GnuPG using the Enigmail Thunderbird plugin.
My public key: http://jacob.steenhagen.us/gpgkey.asc (91DE47A9)