[mythtv-users] No connection to the backend (~every two weeks) -- Need help

William william_munson at comcast.net
Wed Aug 19 23:42:29 UTC 2009

Allen Edwards wrote:
> I need help please.  My wife is being very understanding but I am not
> sure how long that will last.

You might think about simply monitoring myth with a program like monit.
I use it to detect and correct firewire upsets and the various crashes
that seem to happen on my system. Not foolproof but it corrects a
problem every few days and my waf has gone up. I am really looking
forward to the day when trunk is stable enough to use but sadly it
appears that day is still a long ways off.

William

PS - The version of monit that ships with ubuntu 8.04 is quite old. The
latest handles quite bit more stuff. Was no problem to compile the latest.