[mythtv-users] O.T. - Anyone using KDE 4?

DaveD mythtv at guiplot.com
Wed Aug 19 06:18:44 UTC 2009

I know this isn't a MythTV question, but the KDE lists don't seem very
helpful with this stuff and I know there are a lot of knowledgeable
people on this list.  Is anyone using KDE4 with a dual screen setup?
I've upgraded my FE/BE from FC7 to F10 some months ago but have yet to
get KDE working.  I've been forced into using Gnome, which I haven't
liked since they went to 2.0 (why do these devs keep throwing out their
highly functional code base and starting over with less functionality?
but I digress...).

With KDE 3.5 (fc7) I had Myth happily running on my 1920x1089 LCD TV and
my main monitor was my 1280x1024 LCD monitor.  With FC10, Gnome works ok
in this configuration but I have yet to get KDE4 to handle the dual
screens properly.  I'm not sure if I'm using TwinView:  I have two
independent desktops with different panels and icons.  I can't drag
windows across, but I can drag icons.  I would like to just get the same
basic functionality with KDE4 so I can try to get used to it (yuck, so
far).  If anyone has this type of configuration working I would really
appreciate advice.

Dave D.