[mythtv-users] AAC 5.1 over optical?

allan sonofzev at iinet.net.au
Wed Aug 19 21:25:54 UTC 2009

Thanks Very much

I've checked my amp. It doesn't do AAC so it won't work.. will probably
have the same effect as your creative.

Don't worry about checking out anymore, it's definitely not going to
work.. I may have to settle for Pro Logic II.

JYA, is correct, althoughI still am not going to go insane by using 6 RC
cables.. I already have a music studio with heaps I can't deal with
anymore.... also WAF drops severely...also there is no quality increase
as the original audio is compressed and you can't restore what gets lost
in the compression process..

May do mythnuv2mkv to aac 5.1 and then move it back to ac3 using
handbrake.. or preferably get some string of user jobs that can cut out
adds then transocde to mkv with ac3 intact ...

looks like a bit of playing around with user jobs..