[mythtv-users] HD Homerun issue with JYA packages

Dennis Cartier dennis.cartier at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 01:09:27 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 8:59 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/8/19 Dennis Cartier <dennis.cartier at gmail.com>:
> > Tonight I thought I would allow the updates that were queued up for the
> JYA
> > packages (0.21+fixes) install. Gah!, now my HD Homerun just records
> garbage.
> > Anyone else seen this?
> >
> > I am running the VDPAU 1.90 versions.  All the previous recordings play
> > fine, just new recordings or live TV are an impressionist painting (with
> > lots of pops and buzzing).
>
> When was the last time you upgraded ?
>
> There has been no changes in months on the package except the change
> happening upstream in 0.21-fixes repository...

The FE/BE was installed about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Last week I noticed it
wanted to upgrade all the Myth packages, but it also wanted to remove my
VDPAU-1.90 driver and install 1.80, so I deferred as I didn't have much luck
getting 1.80 working with the ION chip when I installed recently. I noticed
tonight that it no longer wanted to remove 1.80 and now only wanted to
upgrade the Myth packages (with 1.90 versions) so I decided to go ahead.

I tried to delete the tuners and re-add them, but the backend setup dies
during the scanning of channels from the Homerun now.

May just be a coincidence and my Homerun may have died around the time of
the update.

I will try and reboot it a few more times to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks for the quick response by the way!

Dennis

--
“The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.

Hunter S. Thompson, US journalist (1939 – 2005)