[mythtv-users] Editing/transcoding HD-PVR (.ts) files

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Aug 18 17:43:43 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 18 August 2009 11:36:21 Bob Sully wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> I'm running 0.21-fixes (JYA's repo).
>
> I have been recording shows manually (through the CLI) from my HD-PVR with
> good results.  However, as I'm doing it outside of Myth, I'm not sure how
> to clip out the commercials and then transcode the .ts files.
>
> Google tells me that there are Windows apps that can do this.  Are there
> any Linux apps that can?  I didn't find any while looking last night.

You're looking for a video editor, for Linux there is:

Cinelerra

GOPChop

avidemux

Kino

Kdenlive

And many others, just look for "linux video editors".

Which one you want will depend on how fancy you want to get with effects etc.
You probably just want a simple cuts-only editor, start with GOPChop or
avidemux.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org