[mythtv-users] Restrict tuner usage at a given time

Phill Wiggin alamar at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 00:23:56 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 8:05 PM, Steve Harrington <
mythlist at the-harringtons.org> wrote:

> Hi all -
>
> I have a tuner (HD-PVR) that I would like to _not_ record from 3-3:30 AM
> every day as that is the time the Dish receiver grabs listings for the next
> day.  Is there a way to do this for this one tuner besides looking at the
> upcoming recordings?
>
> Thanks!

If there's no internal Myth way of doing it, you could always write up 2
cron jobs.. one that stops Myth at 2:59, and one that starts Myth at 3:31.
Then Myth'd just reschedule anything it missed. Though I suppose it could
cause problems if a recording is in-progress.